So last Thursday (6/13/13) it started raining really hard while I was at school. It was during my last class so I immediately planned on skipping my plans for the afternoon and go straight home. I was really tired as well, because I only had around five hours of sleep that day.
So yeah, my class ended at around 2:30 and it was still raining hard. I immediately went to South Gate but meh, it was already flooded and I couldn’t leave so I decided to stay in school and wait for the rain to stop.
I grabbed a bite at the canteen and stayed at our org’s booth for a while. It was still pretty flooded so I waited for my friend Kim so we could go home together. Her last class ends around 5:50 and I planned on sitting in at her Spanish class. By that time though, they suspended classes and that’s how our epic adventure began. I was with Kim, Pauline and Ivy.
We usually ride the train at the Quirino LRT station because compared to the Vito Cruz station, the line for crowd control is shorter (based on our experience). It was flooded near the Razon building so we decided to take a pedicab to get across the flooded area. My friends and I kept laughing the whole time. It was the longest three minutes of my life. And meh, we went down at Beach, which is a very short distance from Razon. We felt like the distance was longer but yeah it wasn’t. Hahahaha.
We walked the rest of the way but unfortunately, the end of the street was really flooded. We were contemplating if we should go back, cross the flood or just ride another pedicab.
After getting water splashed at us by a moving car, talking to some Indians (lol) and negotiating with pedicab driving kids, we went for the last option. The four of us rode the sidecar with our feet raised because the flood was really really freaking deep.
During the ride, we kept screaming, laughing and cursing at our situation. The flood was really deep and the pedicab’s seat was so close to getting wet. It was pretty scary considering we didn’t want to get wet.
We finally got to the LRT station but the line was really long. Darn it. We trieded hailing a jeep, a bus or an FX but they were all full so we ended up lining up at the LRT.
This is where we lined up and we waited for almost an hour to get in the station. Funny thing, my class ended at 2:30 but I got home around 8:00pm. It was really unfortunate, but I guess it wasn’t so bad because I had my friends with me. The thing with me and my friends is that, we always find something to laugh about at times like this. It wasn’t a nice experience but it became bearable because no matter how annoying it is to get wet and wait for hours just to get home, having your friends to keep you company makes everything better :)
- My schedule is shit but I’m dealing with it.
- I made a fool out of myself in speech class today yay me
- I just hate public speaking ugh it just aint my thing.
- I considered dropping the class but I’m no quitter so I’m just gonna have to go through with it.
- My readings in Lit class are killing me.
- I got Judo for PE and I hope I learn to kick ass lol.
- Wikakul, Economics and Philosophy are… um, okay.
- Hate the sched of my Persef2 class but my prof seems really cool and I’m actually excited to attend this class haha
- We have a new professor in German and I can’t help but miss our old prof because despite him being very nice and lenient, I learned so much from him without feeling pressured. I enjoyed his class so much and I’m sorta bummed he’s not teaching in DLSU anymore. Doesn’t mean I don’t like our new prof though, he seems okay, I guess. Hey, it’s only been a week after all.
- Besides my studies, also juggling org stuff in between. We gotta replace the bulletin board and prepare for ARW.
- So yeah I guess that’s about it.
I feel so meh
- this is a bit late but i needed to reminisce and fangirl because my first week back in college was really exhausting
- ends in a few hours
- yep i have class tomorrow sucks right
- so yeah i’m just gonna look back at my short but amazing summer through these bullets
- watched the ff anime: btooom!, psycho pass, zetsuen no tempest, gundam 00
- watched the ff jdrama: bloody monday, q10, samurai high school
- watched the ff movies: the first time, a wakening of the trailblazer, silver linings playbook, nana, nana 2
- downloaded tons of other series and movies.. will probably watch ‘em when i have the time… that won’t be for a while though because of class
- read tons of fanfics and my list of ships continue to grow hehe
- during my last week of summer i was out of the house most of the time to go shopping
- so happy with the things i bought this summer
- yay new clothes, new shoes and books hahaha hashtag happy kid
- went ice skating with one of my bestfriends and her boyfie.. it was kinda fun but i probably won’t do that again hahahaha falling on your ass and have people laugh at you is just ugh
- went to the bazooka rocks launch party and i got to see a visual kei band for the first time (uchuusentai: noiz)
- so stoked about the lineup btw
- went to the album launch of before you exit gaaahh the mcdonough brothers are gorgeous
- too bad my favorite member thomas silvers wasn’t there :(
- enrollment was hell i wasted two days waiting for the crappy enrollment system to work
- the only thing i hate about my schedule is that i have a class that ends in the evening, hoping to get that changed tomorrow but there’s no guarantee but i’m going for it anyway
- sorry for my incoherence i’m trying to sum everything up and make it as short as i possibly can
- to wrap up my summer vacay i went to circuit fest and it was epic
- i’ll talk about that in another blog post so yeah
- i’m obviously not excited to go back to class
- ok bye
My last term as a frosh is finally done. I had more workload this term compared to my past two terms in DLSU and honestly, when it comes to stress and school work, this term was freaking hell. Staying up late isn’t a good habit (I felt so ‘ugh’ every morning) and I barely slept just to get all the work done. And I can really say that everything has paid off.
I’m happy about how my grades turned out (except for math bleh) and how I still made it to the Dean’s List. My math grade sucks and I’m not too happy about it but I’m content. Math has always been a weakness, I guess. I barely passed my second long quiz and I’m pretty sure I flunked our final exam so I’m thankful that I still managed to pass the damn course. I didn’t bother talking to my professor anymore for consultation. It just felt sorta wrong to go through the hassle for a grade I know I don’t deserve. I swear math has been ruining my grade average since elementary. It just isn’t my thing.
This term has mostly been hell, but thanks to my friends, classmates and some of my professors, it was more bearable.
Taft isn’t quite ready to let me go yet. I still have to go to school for org duties and interviews. Honestly I just want to stay at home and be a lazy ass but duty calls. Oh well.
This is what I was doing all day.
Gave my blog a make-over (‘cause it’s summer and… I just felt like giving it a new look). My new theme still looks a bit similar to the old one because I kept the stars background and the light pink + gray color scheme. I love it too much to let it go. :)
I also revamped my pages - about me, blogroll, fandoms, resources, tags, bucketlist, ships and concerts. I’m pretty happy with the way things look. :)
All the code credits can be found on the about me page. :)
I just really needed to get this out.
Wake up, you’re a drama queen.
Why do I find it so hard to deal with disappointment?
God. Emotions are such a burden.
I just want to forget how to feel. Why is it so hard not to care?
Emotions down right suck.
Carry on like you’re supposed to be.
It’s so easy to tell yourself to get over it and move on but some things are just difficult to accept.
It’s hard not to be disappointed when you put so much effort into something and it isn’t appreciated.
Easier said than done.
And what bothers me most is that I’m way too affected by everything that’s happening.
I shouldn’t be.
Get away, hurry up, come on.
I know I can’t please everyone all the time.
Things won’t always go the way I expect them to.
Life isn’t fair.
I know that I shouldn’t let it get to me, but it does, and who am I kidding?
I know this and yet.. I’m being a pathetic fool by getting so worked up about all this.
It’s just really hard for me to accept failure. Even though I know it’s okay to make mistakes.
You need to fail once in a while, yes, so that you can get up and be stronger.
But what is wrong with me?
This is becoming a catastrophe.
I feel like crap. I feel so down about things that are beyond my control.
I did my best and that’s all that counts, right?
Hell no. I tell that to myself and all my fears about not being good enough is coming back to haunt me.
I thought I was past that already.
But now I’m over thinking and I hate myself right now for feeling this way.
It may be hard, but I’m trying hard to comprehend where I quit and where I should begin.
All these feelings are eating me, consuming me.
I just want them to go away.
I hope sleep will do the trick.
So I’ve been gone for a while. I haven’t updated in almost a month? Whoa. My acads has been eating my time a lot lately. I still have class ‘til the third week of April so I still have a few more weeks of school to endure. Vacation is within reach and I just can’t wait to just freaking grab it get my life back, haha!
A lot has happened during my absence from my blog, so here’s what’s been happening to little ‘ol me lately:
- I just started wearing glasses. Still trying to get used to wearing ‘em though.
- On the first day of the month, I facilitated an event for my org for the very first time. My org usually holds a yoga session each term and I was assigned to facilitate this term’s yoga sesh with my cousin. Also, I was appointed as the Director for Publications for next school year. It’s not gonna be an easy task but I’m up for the challenge and I’m very, very excited! :)
- Completed two trilogies this month! A few weeks ago I bought Requiem and the other day I bought Clockwork Princess. I really missed reading books. My love for books has been rekindled and I’m looking forward to reading more books this summer.
My babies!! <3
- My little bro graduated last Saturday and I’m so so so proud of him and he was so so so cute with his toga and cap. It felt like it was just yesterday when he was still a tiny baby.. now he’s growing up so fast. :(
Okay so that’s pretty much it. The rest of my time has been spent on acads. Every other significant happening this month is school-related lol. I am buried in a pile of school work and I’m really hoping I can pull this all off and end up with good grades. I’ll be back on the third week of April to greet vacation! Ja neeeeee~~~
So here’s what’s been happening to little ‘ol me lately…
- I lost my ID at school last last week. Sadly, I’ve been unable to find it and I had to spend 600 pesos to get it replaced. I was expecting that it would turn up at the Lost and Found because I’m a hundred percent sure I lost it at school. But it didn’t so yep goodbye 600. I feel like I wasted money because there’s so many things you could buy with 600 pesos. Like food. UGH.
- Been suffering from PTV SWS PCD since the 16th. My god, they were amazing live. I was so moved by their music and hearing their songs live is just awesome. I almost cried when PTV played Hold On ‘Til May. Aaaahhh, the feels.
- I am currently buried under a very huge pile of school work. Which explains why I haven’t been updating lately.
- Had my first org embassy visit the other day. Waking up early and getting soaked in the rain was so worth it. We went to the Swiss Embassy and I’m even more convinced that I want to be a diplomat in the future.
- We were required to watch this play at PETA Theater called “D’ Wonder Twins of Boac” and it was pretty good. It made me miss my theater days.
- I have an ask.fm (don’t ask me why I made this. lololol feel free to send me questions though) and 8tracks (in the process of putting my old mixes there, and I’ll be making new ones too so stay tuned~)
So yeah guess that’s it. Back to doing school work now. Feel free to leave me messages!
- It was University Week at DLSU, and it’s the biggest event at school. I went to the Animo Fest yesterday and I had so much fun! Blockmates and college friends, you da best <3
- FALL OUT BOY IS BACK, BITCHES!!!!! This news made my week! REJOICE!
- Went Ice Skating for LEAP Class. I fell on my ass and knees a few times but I got the hang of it in the end. As a result, I have bruises on my knees, a cut on my palm and my ankles hurt like hell.
- Had a futsal game during PE class and it was pretty tiring but hey, I actually had fun!
- Had my initial interview with a school counselor last Thursday. She was great to talk to and she gave me a lot of helpful tips and information on possible future careers.
- Wasn’t able to go to Haunted Hall yesterday. :( The line was really long and after waiting several hours, we decided to sell our tickets. We’re planning to go next week instead.
- Bought matching charm bracelets with my girlies <3
- Went to the dentist yesterday, found out I need to get braces soon. I don’t know how to feel about this yet. I’m wondering if it’ll look okay on me and how hard it will be to eat and stuff
- My mouth feels weird, I have no desire to eat because of it. :(
- Had CWTS in the morning and as usual it was so UGH. Went to Eena’s place after to chat then went home to do my hair.
- Went to Can Can’s place after to change and she did our makeup. We had milkshakes before going to the venue.
- Definitely a fun-filled night to remember! Had so much fun with my girlies <3
- Was one of the 18 candles and Kim’s debut was very different from the traditional ones. We had to pretend we were pageant contestants representing countries and we had to say these corny and funny lines. Mine was “EDSA, AYALA, BUENDIA… ESPANA!”
- After that Kim had to blow the candles we were holding and she laughed after I did something funny hahahaha
- There was also this part when my friends and I became part of this contest where we had to demonstrate the sexiest way to drink. Dignity kaput. Lol.
- After that, party party! Overall, I had a really great time. I’m happy for my friend and I’m thankful to be part of that amazing night.
Awesome college friends. I’m the one in purple, hahaha. Click read more to see more photos. :)
- Enjoying German1 class so much. Learning a new language is difficult but I’m having a lot of fun.
- CWTS is ugh
- Beginning to feel the pressue of school work…
- PTV + SWS concert in a few days! So stoked!
- I want new sneakers!
- University Week at DLSU starts tomorrow! :)
- Went to Kim’s debut yesterday. I had so much fun! Will blog about it once all the pictures are up. ♥
- My prof in German1 came yesterday and I had so much fun during class. I was really interested in the lecture. Really excited to learn German even more!
- Enjoying PERSEF because I like our professor and my classmates as well.
- Gonna be interviewed soon for counselling and to be honest, I can’t wait because there are a lot of things I’d like to get off my chest.
- Our Sociology class is being held at a computer lab and it’s my favorite classroom ever.
- Having a tough time in math class because I suck at math but I really like my professor. He’s so funny and he has this cute yet slightly creepy sing song voice and accent. :)
- And then there’s this guy…. and I’m not gonna complete the sentence lolololol but yeah uh two words: eye candy HAHAHA
- I now have a daily routine of reading fanfics whenever I’m at the train, haha.
- The stress and pressure is starting to build up once again. Aaahhh schoolwork, we meet again.
- I woke up earlier than planned but it was fine because I didn’t have to rush. My first class was FUTSAL at 10:30. This sport is very new to me and I actually had a lot of fun. I’m excited to start learning more about the sport.
- We were dismissed early, so I ended up having a fifty minute break instead of thirty.
- Next class was KASPIL2 and my prof seems good. I’m actually excited for the subject because my professor believes that students should have fun while learning and he’s gonna do his best to make it fun for us. I loooooove fun hahahaha
- After that we had ENGLRES… because of the reshuffling, I ended up having a different professor. There are mixed comments about my prof but I’m up for the challenge. Let’s see how this goes.
- Excited for my classes on Monday. I have short breaks but that suits me just fine because of certain reasons. Finally gonna learn a European Language, yaaaay
- So the DLSUCET results were released today and I just wanna say…. congratulations to 2600 applicants (out of 23000.. whoa) who passed! If you ever decide going to DLSU, I swear it’ll be one of the best choices you’ll ever make. You won’t regret it! :) If you have any questions about La Salle, feel free to hit me up! See you around, future ID 113s!! :D